Training and credentials
B.A.(HONS), OSSWA, CH
I am an Integrative Counsellor with extensive training in a variety of practical and creative modalities. I am currently working towards membership with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (graduation-Dec, 2019), and am a student member of the Ontario Social Service Workers Association (OSSWA).
I work flexibly and collaboratively with clients to discover what might work best for them.
Please read below to learn about my background and training.
- Honors Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (BA Hons.) - Saint Mary's University
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy - The Gestalt Institute of Toronto (4 years)
- Training Program in Transformational Counselling (ongoing practicum) - LifeSpace Institute (2 years)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (Certificate- Level 2 Accreditation) - Association of Psychological Therapies
- Certified Hypnosis Practitioner (CH) - The Ontario Hypnosis Centre
- Student Member - Ontario Social Service Workers Association (OSSWA)
THERAPEUTIC / CREATIVE ARTS TRAINING
- Art Therapy Training Program for Professionals - the Gestalt Institute of Toronto
- Expressive Arts Training (clown, mask) - Manatoulin Conservatory for Creation and Performance
- Transformational Arts College Course - The Intuitive Arts
- Trauma and Disconnected Parts Work - LifeSpace Institute
- Focusing, Somatic Experiencing, and Body-Oriented Therapy - LifeSpace Institute
- Expression and Actor training using Bioenergetic techniques - under Cindy Tanas
- Mind/Body Connection Research and Expression Training - Fiona Griffiths, MA.
- Clown Through Mask /Creation Workshops / Teachers Perspective - Manatoulin Conservatory of Creation and Performance
- Theatrical Clown - under Helen Donelly
- Sears and Switzer - Actor and Voice Training
- Improvisation - Second City Toronto
In addition to my training, I regularly participate in continuing education courses, and work under the supervision of an experienced Registered Psychotherapist.
I currently practice counselling within the scope of my training and current credentials. In our first session together, we will discuss what you are looking to gain through the counselling process to determine if we might be a good fit.
To read more about the approaches I am informed by, click the link below.